Tuesday, August 23, 2016

a letter from the editor: my thoughts on starting over (again).

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I haven't decided yet on what this space will be.

The blogging world and self marketing platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc., have all become so overly saturated within the past few years - ESPECIALLY for the fashion/beauty industry - and honestly, it has been nothing short of a procrastinating thought and anxiety over coffee while "catching up" with old college roomies turned VOGUE ambassadors post graduation, (hence my 1 year sabbatical).

But let's face it. This introspective nagging didn't just start a few weeks ago. Inconsistency is key when you don't accept, know, trust, truly define, or stand by who you are completely. I know this from experience and it's something that I want to change today.

I want to make content that is beautiful.

I often dream of layouts and cool, quirky, clean graphics to jump start a thought process before the perfect set of text follows.

I want my art to mean something -- and not just to those who are experiencing it, but I want to make things that I am proud of. Things that I don't mind looking back at.

(sn: you know those weird artsy types that sit in interviews and talk about how they go back and study their own work? yea, judge me but I want to be one of those.)

I am not going to make any promises because I'm done making those.

..or even pretend that for one moment I have some sort of blog post schedule/an entire list of upcoming content all figured out (because I seriously don't.)

(tbh , I don't even know when i'm going to eat next.)

but what I can say is that I am looking forward to being genuine with you, (all 4 of you - whoop, whoop!) and making content that you and I can both be proud of. content that we can live by.
be moved and inspired by.

so, with that being said, you may have noticed that some of your favorite articles are missing. Not to worry - this is only temporary so that I can get a clear, blank thinking space for the slayage that I plan to create (#bow).

In the mean time, my deepest wish is that you will stay patient with me, continue to support my journey - even in it's ugly stages, (i know. it's ugly.) - and continue to watch me grow. XXO

Until next time:
DON'T QUIT YOUR DAYDREAM.
-XO, MALAIKA DENISE ▲
Malaika Denise. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.